How much does a life line cost?
The cost of a life line it is a recurring issue in the residential and private sector where, generally, those who decide to install a fall protection system are also those who pay for the intervention..
To answer this question it is necessary, first of all, to make a premise: it is not possible to give an answer that is the same for everyone sinceé the factors that determine the cost of a life line are different and of various kinds. These include:
- theresquare footage coverage;
- theremorphology coverage
- theretype of deviceinstalled;
- thereAccess mode to the building and roof;;
- ancillary requirements regional and / or municipal
But let's take a practical example to better understand how the price of a life line is calculated.
Starting from one common situation, let's consider a building with a 20 meter long double pitch roof, in reinforced concrete, finished in tiles and with access from a skylight,schematized alongside.
In this case, the cost of the life line, keys in hand, for the safety including design, installation and documentation hovers around the 2400€ (VAT Excluded, divided into about 1500 for materials and 900 for design and installation.ne.
As expressed above, this value may vary according to the factors described above which we will now analyze in detail.
- METRATURE AND MORPHOLOGY: While it is almost obvious that the cost is directly proportional to the square footage, it is a little less so for its morphology. In fact, geometrically more complex and less linear roofs require more material and consequently longer installation time. This is the case of poles, corner drives, pendulum effects and so on. A roof of the same size but with a C-shaped plan could raise the price up to 70.l 70%.
- TYPE OF DEVICE INSTALLED: Roof finishes, such as corrugated metal sheets, require more technologically advanced and more expensive devices which, at the same time, guarantee a lower aesthetic impact and less probability of infiltration. A roof of the same size but with an insulated corrugated sheet finish would lead to an increase of about 60.%.
- TYPE AND STATE OF CONSERVATION: a fundamental role is played by the roof support structure. With newly built wooden or reinforced concrete roofs, there are generally no problems. On the contrary, roofs in low walls and hollow blocks or heavily degraded do not allow an effective fixing, which involves the use of special and impacting devices that can increase the cost by 3 times as much..
- REGIONAL AND / OR MUNICIPAL ACCESSORY REQUIREMENTS: in some regions, such as Tuscany, it is necessary to draw up the technical report of the roof signed by a qualified technician with the calculation report on the fixings and the support structure attached. This service generally costs 800 for standard coverage.d.